The improved 'patented design' of a Tornado stump grinder head:
- Supports the tungsten cutting teeth from behind - so as to prevent them from being bent backwards & broken.
- Protects the front of the tungsten cutting teeth against wear and erosion.
- Protects the heads of the installation bolts from wear and erosion.
- Controls the grinder cutting speed and reduces the risk of thrown object damage.
- Gives an easily repeatable tooth installation position.
- Allows for greater plunge cutting, a wider range of sweep cutting angles and much faster root chasing.
- Significantly reduces operator effort - by allowing the grinder to be operated in a greater 'fore & aft' fashion at peak torque RPM.
- Allows for a greater use of engine power & torque – due to the increased rotating mass of the head.
- Gives a smoother 'operator feel' to the stump grinder.